18 July 2007

Updates galore!

Heeding Nicole's call to action, I too write to update you all on my happenenings! I think everyone knows that just as most of you are returning to New Haven I am sadly leaving (sad yes, but thank freaking God I am getting out of New Haven!) On Thursday, August 16 I pack up the UHaul and begin the 15 hour drive to Chicago. This means expect a Rudy's get together on August 14 and/or 15. New address:

516 Melrose
Apartment 303
Chicago, IL 60657

My email and cell will stay the same, and rumor is I will have an email at the American Bar Foundation, which is funding me through August 31, 2008, so when that comes through, I'll be sure to send that out.

In related news, I found out on July 6, that I received a grant from the National Science Foundation to cover costs of archival and interview research through June 30, 2008, so as much as a grad student can be, I am flush with cash, which means I can come visit y'all in New Haven and NYC a fair bit over the course of next year (and continue doing research of course!).

My condo (also known as the bed-and-breakfast or Steve's Home for Wayward Women) is being sublet over the course of the year by Turku, Shatema, and this sweet 1st year architect student JD. He is super nice, and sort of hot in that ridiculously Greenwich, CT WASPy way (oh on that note, everyone should download "Tea Partay" on YouTube--it's an advertisement for Smirnoff beverages, and in my darker moments, I imagine this is how my undergrads from the Presidency and Con Law view the world). But the point is, you should all meet JD.

Oh and APSA, yes lets all get together. Anna and Kaplan have called dibs on crashing in my studio (which is a cab or bus ride from the APSA hotel). It's small but we can make room if need be for others. It's in lakeview, which is a couple miles north of the downtown area where the conference is. It's sort of like Chicago's version of Chelsea, but a bit more neighborhoody.

Ooh must run, Mayhew is walking across the parking lot and I need to speak with him.

Hugs all,
Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home