04 March 2007

I have news

Some happenings from New Haven... I've landed the American Bar Foundation Dissertation Fellowship. This is like a law and politics fellowship, but the important part is that it funds me for an entire year, and.... and this is the really big news... I am to move to Chicago in August. CHICAGO.... A real city.

The bad news is if I take this (I'm waiting on other fellowships so I may have some options), I will be leaving before many of you get back, but luckily, APSA and Midwest are in Chicago so opportunities to see you are plentiful. Also the fellowship comes with an independent travel fund so I can get back to Yale about 5 times over the academic year.

And don't worry, I will find some way to keep the Abbey and Steve Holiday Bash and Ski Weekend traditions alive even from life on Lake Michigan!!

Steve

4 Comments:

Blogger abbey said...

congratulations!!!
and hooray for steve joining the blog...

10:04 AM  
Blogger amelia said...

STEVE IS A ROCKSTAR. STEVE IS *OUR* ROCKSTAR. ALL HAIL STEVE.

4:24 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

YAY Steve!! That is so fabulous, I mean really and truly awesome. I am TOTALLY psyched for you. And I will SO come visit you in Chicago.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Laia Balcells said...

congrats, steve! and it's nice to hear from you,...

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home