10 October 2006

Holy Crap! Its a Real Blog!

I was shocked to check this page today and learn that people are posting... a lot! Since this seems to be well on its way to becoming a real live blog, allow me to now make it a real live mp3 blog. Kind of. As you all probably know, Kappy, Eudald, and I are in a band called the Sephardic Bonobos. What you may not know is that Kappy and I recorded the first bonobos song last week. We were feeling in need of some band time, since Eudald has been on hiatus, so we came into the department late on wednesday, took over the small seminar room, and about two and a half hours later, emerged with this gem.

The Sephardic Bonobos-What Happened?

To be fair, we didn't write these lyrics ourselves; we in fact borrowed them wholesale from a book of "Dinosaur Poems" written by Steve's nephew. That Nephew is 5 or 6. The amazing thing is that its a step UP in lyrical maturity from what we'd write ourselves.

Speaking of being in the department late at night, that's where I am right now. I had gotten off of the whole late night thing, but I've been back into it hardcore this year for whatever reason. I guess you could say that I'm back on the ol' night shift. Which reminds me of a song...

The Commodores-Nightshift

Yeah! Mp3s! We'll be linked to from Idolator in no time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laia Balcells said...

I think that you should post the lyrics. At least for me it is hard to get some parts of them;)

12:50 PM  
Blogger Julia Azari said...

i might actually pee in my pants. all the references to theories coming and going makes me think i should make up a song about realignment theory or something. maybe i could get mayhew to collaborate with me.

6:39 PM  
Blogger abbey said...

um, my favorite line/hypothesis is: "a lack of fur or feather."

steve your nephew doesn't even know how much he rocks.

ps i hear the heavy influence of early beastie boys. loves it.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home