06 October 2006

Incredible news!

Up to this point in my life I've resisted blogging in most forms - writing, reading, discussing, cuddling. Why? Because I don't care about what you think. I mean, not what YOU think, but what random strangers think. I can make up my own mind, thank you. And if I want someone else's opinion, I'll read it in the New York Times.

But, as I've discovered, things are much different when you're reading about people you know and like, people who you miss. People like YOU. So here I am. I admit it, I feel a little dirty, but I'll deal.

Some of you must be wondering what life is like in The Have these days - those of you who have mercilessly abandoned us for your exotic corners of the globe (can someone explain to me how a sphere has corners?). Well, something really exciting happened the other day: I got 2 cokes out of the machine at the same time, and the cheeze-its price is mistakenly set at $0.10 instead of $1.00.

Yep, it's that boring.

OK, it's not THAT bad (Steve bakes muffins and cookies and that makes everything worthwhile), but the point of all of this is that we miss those of you who have left. Just as Steve consoles himself through baking, I find solace in processing meats. With the coppa and lamb prosciutto finally ready, it's time to put up some salami in the curing chamber. And maybe some polish sausages and bratwurst to keep them company. And while we're at it, perhaps another round of Canadian bacon.

I don't know if my cholesterol can take the pressure for too much longer, so please, come home soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger abbey said...

rob! i love that you've dealt. *love* it. and i really wish i could try all of your cured meats. i think of you often as i partake in consuming various (and usually unidentifiable) meats on sticks from friendly street vendors. i'm making up for lost time, let me tell you what.

keep those updates coming. especially about the vending machines. i've been really curious how those are holding up :)

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home